Enter your data and within 24 hours we will contact you to provide advice.
Nowadays, the areas of research and technological development are so huge that we are in need of having and adequate knowledge for registering patents, industrial designs and utility models. In order to achieve the aforementioned, we offer the following services:
Inventions: any human creation with industrial application that transforms matter or energy, already existing in nature, in order to be used by humans with the purpose of satisfying their specific needs. Inventions are present in all technical areas regarding products, formulae, compositions and methods. In general, they are a new know-how or a new solution for technical problems; therefore, they have to be protected as a PATENT.
Utility Model: any object, utensil, application or tool which, as a result of a modification in their arrangement, configuration, structure or form, offer a different function regarding their parts or advantages, or even provide a technical effect they previously lacked.
Industrial Designs shall include:
• Two-dimensional industrial designs, which are any combination of shapes, lines or colors incorporated in an industrial product.
• Three-dimensional industrial designs or models, constituted by any three-dimensional shape that serves as a model or patterns for the manufacture of an industrial product, and only the appearance is protected without involving any technical effect.
Research regarding a previous state-of-art: a research to ensure that our client’s invention is novel and has not been registered in Mexico or any other country. This allows us to protect the invention even in case of infringement (when the invention has already been registered and commercialized in another country).
Technical descriptions: the invention’s drafting by specialized staff in the corresponding technical area and according to Mexican prescribes and practice.
• National: Applications firstly filed in Mexico.
• Paris Convention: Mexico is a member of the Paris Convention, so when you want to apply abroad, there is a period of 12 months to apply the same national application in one or several countries members of the Paris Convention, claiming priority rights, that is, maintaining the same filing date of the first application.
• International PCT Application: The Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) is an agreement for filing patent applications whose objetive is to organize the application, the international research and the preliminary examination. APCT application does not always result in the grant of a patent since there is no “international patent” and the process corresponds to each national or regional authority. The main purpose of a PCT application is to simplify and make the procedure more efficient, even in economic terms, in order to protect an invention in those countries where the applicants are intersted.
National Phase: Once concluded the PCT procedure, usually 30 months after initiated the first application phase, we start to pursue the grant of the corresponding patent directly before the National Patent Offices located in the countries in which you want to obtain it.
Substantive or in-depth examination: Analysis and preparation of response to technical requirements made by the Mexican Patent Office during the substantive examination to determine the novelty, inventive activity and industrial applicability of the invention for its granting. Our clients receive a report about the requirements, as well as an opinion for responding or clarifying whatever conducive.
Freedom to Operate (FTO): Analysis for determining whether a particular action, such as commercialization of a product, can be done without infringing effective industrial property rights of others. For example, when you want to manufacture a product or specific medication, it is possible to do so lawfully free if there is no patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights protecting such product, the process used to obtain it or the way of commercializing it in Mexico.
Campeche #289 - 501
C.P. 06100, Mexico City
+52 (55) 52 02 73 98
Our best idea is to develop a strategic and innovative alliance with your trademark, patent, industrial designs, etc., to protect your concept or idea without territory restrictions, making it a strong, profitable and sustainable asset.
Submission of cases, follow-up, litigation at any level and preservation of Intellectual Property Rights.